Friday, February 23, 2007

Studio 1050 blows. I'm just sayin'.

Ever plan a Portland wedding from Tokyo? Well me neither, but my best friend is, and Studio 1050 on the SE waterfront, where they booked their wedding reception, screwed them out of their deal. The owners are having problems with the city or something, so the landlord canceled ALL scheduled events. Capital L-A-M-E.

Next question: Ever been to a Portland wedding reception you loved? Or liked? Or at least appreciated? Maybe you hated the people but liked the space? You see where I'm going.

Unfortunately my friend can't visit all the places she wants to check out, but she's found three places she's considering: Lawrence Gallery, World Forestry Center, and North Star Ballroom. My thought is there might be hidden gems out there somewhere... big enough for 120 people in September...

I'm assuming most of you are dudes, so I'm not expecting much, but I'll send banana bread to the best reply. Shit, I'll send banana bread anyway. I'm a banana bread whore.

4 comments:

Erick said...

The only thing that comes to mind is the Rose Garden... I guess they'd need to hire separate caterers but it'd be nice in September. Check under "rentals" on the Portland Parks page .

Now please send banana bread ASAP!

Jared said...

No fair, you don't even live in Porltland. Send this man some banana bread! Although I think he likes cornbread. I work at the Montgomery Park Building in NW Porland. It holds all kinds of events. When we had our welcome party there were rope acrobats swinging from the ceiling like cirque de soleil(SP) There is catering on site already and the PA and sound is here already too. Go to my very first post to see an outside pic of the building. Hit me up if you can't find any more info on it. Its one of the Naito corp buildings.

Ali said...

Hi! I should introduce myself aswell. I am Ali, Jared's hmmm sidekick. Anyway, I have heard tons about you and it would be awesome to meet next time you are in PDX. About the reception, last summer we went to a wedding at Edge Field. The wedding was outside and aside from it being 100 plus degrees,it was wonderful. They had the reception in the building next to the park where the actual wedding was. The catering was great, music was awesome, and the beer was even better. They do a package dealy I think so that might be an option. Especially if the wedding is in the summer and there isn't a chance of rain.

Ingrid said...

Thanks, everyone! I think the prize goes to Ali, because she's a girl and girls know more about weddings than guys. Just saying. :D However, I wasn't kidding about the banana bread. Bread for everyone!! I just need some addresses. Jared, would you mind collecting them and sending them to me? I get paranoid about putting my email address on the Internets. And Ali, get Jared to tell you how we met, if he hasn't already. Good story.