Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Two very captivating items

I'll start with the good news: My brother Ted and sister Sylvia have a T-shirt company called A Priceless Way. They just put up their website this weekend, and I'm so effing proud of them that the news is just falling out of my mouth like an overflowing jar of Jelly Bellies. Please to peek! Even just so you can see some funny Engrish (yes, Engrish) designs.
www.apricelessway.com

Now the bad news: My friend Mark was shot and robbed in Venice, CA a few months ago (I know, way to bring down the tone, Ingrid). He got out of the hospital last month, he has no insurance and is looking at 4 months of physical therapy just to get back to work. So his friend set up a relief fund for him. Can I just say that it's weird that I have a friend who was shot? I'm still baffled. Anyway, check out his site too, and spread the word if you can.
www.markhuddlestonrelieffund.com

While I'm on the topic of bad news, I baked four loaves of banana bread and forgot to take them out of the pans to cool. They turned into bricks. It's the first time ever that I've messed up a batch of banana bread... Just waiting for another bunch of bananas to ripen so I can do it proper this time.

2 comments:

Jared said...

I haven't seen sylvia in a long time. Is that a pic of her?

Ingrid said...

yep, that's sis. the only picture of her posing in the shirts. all of the other kids on the site are their beautiful seattle friends. speaking of beautiful people... nice mullet!