Monday, May 7, 2007

How to get rocked on May 11th



Velella Velella
w/ Point Juncture, WA
Holocene - 1001 SE Morrison
9PM
Five bucks!

Velella Velella, out of Seattle, has quickly become one of my favorite bands in the past year, and they put on a *GREAT* live show. Loads of instruments-- clavinets! vibes! synthesizers! And totally dance-y, yet not cheesy. You may just enjoy yourselves. Go here to hear a lil' bit (their full site is getting revamped).

p.s. This is part of a west coast tour, including shows in LA, Reno and Yakima... details on their website.

p.p.s. The really cute girl in Velella is my sister Sylvia... of course. :D

4 comments:

Jared said...

I saw the duo, "the long ranger" with silvia and the third Chen, Ted. lots a booty shakin! You just can't help it. I'd go see this, even though its at holocene. Anyone eles interested?

Ali said...

I think Jared has mentioned this band before but we didn't make it to the show. Unless I an confusing them with someone else. Anyway, sounds fun I would be down. And by the way when are you visiting out here again. I would like to actually meet you. Jared speaks very highly of you and he tends to have great taste in people!

Ingrid said...

Gogogogogo, you're gonna love it, I can already tell!

Awww shucks... The next time I am scheduled to visit Portland is late August. Bonnie (my old roomie) is getting married! I may see if I can make it there before then though. I do so miss the NW.

I can't wait to meet you, Ali! We can sit in a corner and poke fun at Jared all night. It'll be awesome.

Jared said...

I checked out the samples on Myspace. They sound like they could be a substitue for a Friday night at Goodfoot. P-p-p-pump your pelvis!