Monday, April 16, 2007

Not nearly as fun as a bong-a-thon

... in fact, not fun at all :(. Don't mean to rain on the bong parade, but remember my friend Mark, the one who was shot and robbed and ended up with a huge, uninsured stack of hospital bills? Well, a few weeks ago, just when he was scheduled to start his physical therapy, he was informed by his doctors that his arm didn't set properly and they'd have to re-break it and reset it for it to heal. At the same time, he found out failed to qualify for state disability. In a nutshell: He's screwed. Really, truly screwed.

Fear not, kids, there's a positive end to this post. If you know anyone in the L.A. area, Mark's friends are hosting an auction/party in Culver City on his behalf. One of many sweet items being auctioned is two 10-hour days in a recording studio with a sound engineer. Got any budding musician friends?

Event: Art & Wine Auction and Party!!
Host: Laura Clive / Mark Huddleston
Location: Richard Ruthsatz Studio @ Helm's Bakery, 8731 Washington Blvd, Culver City, CA (map)
When: Sunday, April 22, 3:00pm
Phone: (310) 404 7422

Lastly, I usually hate asking for help like this, but seeing my friend in such a helpless situation makes my tummy hurt. I kindly ask you to spread the word, and if you have a little change in your pocket, he could use any little bitty bits he can get. http://www.markhuddlestonrelieffund.com

Thank you and goodnight!

4 comments:

Ali said...

Sooo I have 4 friends that are musicians in the LA area, they also have musician friends and some of them would totally be down for something like that! I will send the info to them.

Jared said...

I don't really know anyone. Ali is the only person I can think of that might know someone. :(

Ingrid said...

Thanks Ali! I really appreciate it. And Jared, it's ok, we'll forgive you for being unpopular. :D

Ali said...

Nice, the more I hear from you on here the more I like your style! Wait I am supposed to defend my other half! My bad.